As an Enterprise Architecture Consultant, you will work within our market-leading Technology Implementation and Consultancy practice, in the finance, leasing and asset finance industry. At VIP Apps Consulting, we help our clients develop world-class IT solutions, aligned to best in class business processes. We are looking for individuals with an excellent grounding in core consulting skills and experience in Enterprise Architecture and Solutions Design to support our clients through business transformation projects. The successful candidate must be able to work collaboratively in agile environments with subject matter experts and technologists to develop sound enterprise architectures solutions and technology strategies. Acting as an Enterprise Architecture Consultant on transformation programmes, you will lead the client engagements and be responsible for shaping, leading and delivering added-value through technology advisory consultancy. Through guiding transformational delivery engagements, you will have proven capability in providing technology leadership, delivering high quality, creative and insightful technology advice, ensuring project success through timely and accurate production of agreed deliverables. An exciting opportunity to make a difference within our client initiatives in this ever-changing business landscape. Here are just a few of your day-to-day responsibilities:
- Develop technology strategies and architectures to meet the client’s vision, enabled by realistic roadmaps of capability development framed within a well-defined governance
- Develop early stages of the architectural roadmap, gathering context and rationale that feeds the technology vision
- Develop business architecture and formally modelling and documenting architecture
- Work with both the business and IT to define the technology roadmap and initiatives to support our client’s strategy and vision
- Support the definition of the client’s application strategy, and develop the roadmap, to ensure a coherent approach to managing and rationalising the application landscape
- Support the client in selecting the right technology stack for their organisation
- Support the client with designing and setting up architecture functions, including the definition of the architecture’s process and deliverables, and governance structure.
- Translate and leverage technology to maximise strategic impact, articulated in structured enterprise architectures, to help deliver tangible business outcomes
- Assisting our clients to build their required capabilities for growth and innovation to achieve and sustain high performance
- Working in multi-disciplinary teams to shape, propose, communicate and initiate programs
- Contributing to our blog and thought leadership content strategies, at the intersection of business and technology.
- A good balance of technology and functional skills enabling you to be positioned at the intersection of business and technology
- Previous experience in a Technical Lead or Architect role and helping large organisations to establish a business or technology architecture vision and roadmap
- Experience of working across varied technology domains such as Business Applications, Data, Infrastructure, Integration and Security
- Lifecycle management of technology portfolios
- A background in one or more of the following industries: Financial Services, Banking, Asset Finance, Leasing.
- Comfortable in the role of either business or IT strategist; able to rapidly assess the IT implications of business strategy and the business implications of IT strategy
- Training in and judicious application of industry frameworks
- An interest in emerging technologies and innovation
- Demonstrate a clear technology thinking and a sound understanding of technology solution design principles
- Ability to successfully relate technology solutions to business problems
- A passion for technology and how it can deliver business solutions
- Ability to interact with clients and stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skill, coupled with the ability to articulate complex problems and solutions in a simple, logical and impactful manner.
- Ability to work collaboratively
- A track record of developing creative solutions
- Flexibility to travel to client sites across the UK and internationally